Friday, February 17, 2012

Currently $3.69!

See the news media is already predicting $5 for a gallon of gas by summertime.
Yeah, probably. But they predicted $5-per-gallon gas last year at this time too, and we never even got close. Never topped $4.05.
But here's the thing: Our price for a gallon of Regular went up 14 CENTS on WEDNESDAY. So it's already starting. We were at $3.55 Wednesday morning, and the boss jumped it a dime. Then he hiked it another 4 cents at 9 p.m. that night. All that to cover the cost from his supplier.
So, it's gonna be another long hot summer, just like 2008. But I don't wanna hear any bitching and screaming until a gallon of Regular tops $4.59 -- the previous record. Then everything's fair game.
If we have another ugly screaming blur of a summer like 2008, I plan to slash my wrists.

In the meantime, I'm feeling overworked and underappreciated at my little station. I feel like hardly anyone else does SHIT during my 2 days off every week. They all leave it for me instead, because they know I'll make them look good when I come back.
Which means my Monday (Wednesday to you) is my worst work night of the week -- because I walk into work, see what a freaking shambles it is, see how much stuff needs to be done -- and then I run around like a maniac for the rest of the night.
And my co-workers wonder why I get angry and upset and freak out? Because there's no evidence anybody else does anything.
My co-workers don't notice what I do, but they sure as hell notice when I DON'T do it.
My boss says we all work hard and she will hear no complaints about overwork.
My feeling is the people who work the morning and afternoon shifts have a LOT of time to talk, even though it also sometimes gets screaming busy during those shifts.
All I know is my co-workers love me so much they save up all the stuff they don't want to do and leave it for me on my Monday. Isn't that special?
One asshole tonight lectured me on how I oughta feel lucky just to HAVE a job, and I agree with that. But how happy did he expect me to be? There's no way to win. If I'm too happy, people think there's something wrong with me. If I'm not happy enough, people bitch about THAT.
The only solution is to turn up the music and hold tight on the corners. And fuck everyone if they don't like it.
Hope this post has helped fill your world with sweetness and light. The same way my world is filled with it right now.
More soon. And I plan to post updates every time our gas price goes up. Should be a fun summer....

No comments: